Clouds of smoke were seen at the luxury Michelangelo hotel in Sandton on Wednesday as a fire broke out in the kitchen of a nearby eatery. It was quickly contained, said Johannesburg emergency services spokesperson Nana Radebe.
“It took us five minutes to extinguish the fire.”
According to Radebe, parts of a kitchen caught fire. Michelangelo staff said guests were evacuated as a precaution and no one was injured or hotel property damaged.
An update on the Sandton fire: the fire started at one of the adjacent restaurants and not at the hotel itself. A precautionary evacuation took place. We are happy to report no damage to our property and all are safe. Thank you to the Fire Department for their swift response.
— Michelangelo Hotel (@MichHotel) November 21, 2018
FIRE : MICHAELANGELO HOTEL. SANDTON. JHB. GP. pic.twitter.com/TS9lsJwj07
— REZA (@crimeairnetwork) November 21, 2018
Photo credit – Facebook